Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I did for the Multimedia Project

Carl Jewell
English 103-56
April 16, 2009
In the multimedia project there may not have been a single thing that the group did not all work together on at some point. I have never been in such a productive and willing to work group. Personally, I took a lot of the initiative in the group. I would start something and the group would expand and put the finishing touches on whatever was at hand. The first thing I did was I started the Facebook group. I went online found a nice picture and set all the settings to make the group, including a privacy setting to keep out unwanted classmates looking for ideas. Then I went and requested everyone to join the group, making them administrators so that they had the same control over the group page as I did. I posted wall posts on ideas for a media source including a website, and topics on which we could do our project. Ideas that I came up with included obesity in America, the effects of coffee on society, President Obama’s success or lack thereof since he has been in office, what type of materials should be allowed to air on television channels and in movies, and renewable energy source, which ended up being the topic we decided to use. Next I checked out the websites for making your own website. Several of these proved to be harder to use, and I decided Yola.com would be the best and easiest way to create our website. I searched the internet for some basic, yet captivating, pictures for headers of the site, found some good ones, and after some formatting added them to the site. Then when we met in class again, we decided on who would do what research for what topics. I was designated fossil fuels, targeting particularly on some of the flaws that fossil fuels have in comparison to renewable energy sources. Once our site was up, one of the headings I added was the Clemson tab, which integrated our project with the personal experience our college campus is taking part in renewable energy sources. We decided to make a home video to put on this page of the site and I volunteered to use my camera that had video capabilities. I also did research and helped make the script that would be used for the movie clip. I recorded and had the idea of using the computer screen as a teleprompter for Claire and myself to read off of. As a group we sat down at the library and we each put our own ideas for the outline and beginning of the group paper. Overall we really worked together very well for the completion of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment